How do I apply for a place on the hosted buyer programme?
Applications for next year's hosted buyer programme are not yet open. Please register your interest.
Alternatively, you may receive an invite from one of the many partners working with Business Travel Show Europe, inviting you to join the hosted buyer programme as a guest in their group. If so, they will provide you with a link to register.
What are the qualifying criteria?
The hosted buyer criteria includes but is not limited to:
- Minimum £1 million annual travel budget
- Global/National/EMEA Travel Manager
- Category specialists in procurement, purchasing and sourcing
- Make budgetary and policy decisions across travel within your organisation
Do I have to attend the exhibition for both days on the hosted buyer programme?
No. As a UK hosted buyer you can choose to attend the exhibition for one or two days, as long as you complete the required number of pre-scheduled appointments. Your hosted buyer badge, however, is valid for both days of the exhibition so if your diary frees up, you are always welcome to attend on a day that you are not registered.
Hosted buyers from outside the UK who require travel and accommodation must attend both of the two days.
Where and when is the exhibition taking place?
Business Travel Show Europe takes place at ExCeL London, Royal Victoria Dock, 1 Western Gateway, Royal Docks, London, E16 1XL on 19 - 20 June 2024. Hosted buyers have access to the hosted-buyer only conference, but this is dependent on their attendance option.
What is included in the hosted buyer programme?
- Online personal diary to manage and maximise your time at the show
- Pre scheduled appointments with exhibitors of your choice
- Exclusive hosted buyer only conference sessions before and during the event
- Return economy flights from Europe or standard class rail travel for UK buyers if required
- Accommodation (bed and breakfast basis only) in a minimum 4* hotel close to ExCeL if required for up to two nights
- Transfers between ExCeL and the London airports, on exhibition open days. This could be by limo, coach or for London Heathrow it will be a rail ticket on the Elizabeth Line, which now runs directly from Heathrow to Custom House (ExCeL). Transfers are also provided to the hosted buyer networking functions
- Access to an exclusive hosted buyer lounge with complimentary refreshments and lunch
What is not included in the hosted buyer programme?
- Travel insurance
- Any transfers outside of the event dates
- All food and beverage expenses not taken within the programme or the hosted buyer lounge
- Hotels and flights upgrades
- Additional hotel nights
- Personal expenses such as mini bar, additional drinks, telephone etc.
What do I do if my company does not allow me to receive complimentary travel and accommodation?
If you cannot accept complimentary travel and accommodation, you can still attend the event as a hosted buyer. During the registration process, simply do not tick that you would like us to book your travel and accommodation.
What am I committed to as a hosted buyer?
All that is required from hosted buyers, in return for all the benefits we offer, is to pre schedule five appointments with exhibitors of your choice per day of attendance using the event appointment system.
What is a pre-scheduled appointment?
A pre-scheduled appointment is a 20-minute one-to-one appointment between a hosted buyer and an exhibitor of your choice. This equates to less than two hours of your time per day. These must be booked through the diary system on the online event platform. You can search through a list of all the exhibitors and choose who you would like to arrange an appointment with; our system will then match available meeting times in both your diaries.
Do I have to pre-schedule appointments in advance?
Yes, pre-scheduled appointments are a requirement of attending Business Travel Show Europe as a hosted buyer. Hosted buyers will be asked, during registration, to confirm that they will comply and make appointments using the event online diary. We reserve the right to cancel people from the programme or charge a cancellation fee to any buyer who refuses to pre-schedule appointments.
Is there a cancellation fee?
- Cancellations received on or before Friday 17 May 2024 will not incur a fee.
- Cancellations received after Friday 17 May 2024 will incur a cancellation fee up to £450.
What is the pre-show conference?
On Tuesday 27 June we will be running an exclusive hosted buyer conference. The conference will start with a networking lunch followed by the educational sessions. Hosted buyers must register to attend the conference and will be expected to attend for the duration of the conference. After the conference there will be a networking dinner available for all hosted buyers.
What are the terms and conditions?
The full terms and conditions for the hosted buyer programme can be found here.