Launchpad - An interview with Rent 'n Connect General Manager, Orkun Acikgoz
Rent ‘n Connect
When were you launched?
- Rent ‘n Connect started its operation in UK in May 2018
Where are you based?
- London, UK
How many people are working for the company?
- 50 people in total in London, Berlin and Istanbul offices.
Sum up what your company/product does in one sentence
- Rent ‘n Connect is a travel tech start-up providing connectivity solutions for travellers around the globe.
Why is it unique?
- Rent ‘n Connect Mobile Hotspot provides truly unlimited internet with no data or speed limits that can be shared with 10 devices providing an ideal solution for people with multiple devices or traveling in groups. On demand delivery/return options, local support in many countries via local partners are added benefits.
What problem does it solve?
- Our product provides secure and fast Internet Connectivity, eliminating High Roaming Charges, or using unsafe free / paid hotel or public Wifi options
What platforms is it available on/can integrate with?
- Our companion app Trip Backup is available on iOS and Android
What markets is it available in?
- Customers can receive and return our product in UK, Europe and Turkey (soon in more locations). Our products work in 130+ countries.
Which companies are using it already?
- We are in beta phase with a large oil company in the Middle East for their employees who are travelling. Also testing our products as an add on service at Four Seasons Istanbul Hotel. Besides these, many SMEs' and individual business travellers have used the service.
What do travel managers like about it?
- No assets on company balance sheet, managed remotely, secure connection for all employees and 24/7 customer support at an affordable cost.
Why do travellers like it?
- Our mobile hotspot ensures fast and secure connections for up to 10 people from a single device. Users don’t have to worry about data usage or roaming charges, as well as use mobile phone battery efficiently, access mobile Wi-Fi at local speeds vs roaming speeds.
What are your growth plans?
- We are actively adding new partners and locations in Europe, Asia and Middle East.
Why are you exhibiting in the Launchpad?
- We think that secure and fast internet connection is not a luxury but a necessity for the modern business traveller. On the other hand, these devices are not constantly used and can be a burden on IT departments if managed in-house. Our experienced team and infrastructure can support business travellers through a subscription model which enables managers to focus on core business matters.