Hilton Statement on Ukraine
Hilton joins those around the world in shock and disbelief at the tragic events unfolding in Ukraine. Our hotels have always been part of the fabric of our communities that we serve, and we take seriously our promise to positively impact the places where we live and work. In addition to the steps we have already taken to protect our Team Members and guests, we are taking the following further actions in response to the current crisis:
- We are donating up to 1 million room nights to support Ukrainian refugees and humanitarian relief efforts across Europe, in partnership with American Express, #HospitalityHelps, and our community of owners.
- We have closed our corporate office in Moscow and will ensure continued work and pay for any impacted Team Members.
- We are suspending all new development activity in Russia.
- We will donate any Hilton profits from business operations in Russia to the humanitarian relief efforts for Ukraine.
- And as previously announced, the Hilton Effect Foundation has contributed $50,000 to World Central Kitchen and Project Hope to further assist with humanitarian aid.
Hilton continues to monitor the situation as it evolves. We are keeping our Team Members and all those impacted by these events in our thoughts and hope for a peaceful resolution to this crisis.